Standard visitor visa is a short term non-immigrant visa, maximum duration of stay is 6 months. Indian citizens can visit Ireland with a valid UK visa however entry port needs to be in UK.
Here are the steps for applying the visa
- Copy of Passport and US Visa (Original will go later)
- Pay stubs – 3 Months
- Bank statement – 3 months
- Employment letter
- Address proof of current address
- Marriage certificate( if required)
- Booking details( flight and hotel)
Details required in form :-
- Travel dates and places you are planning to visit
- Estimated cost of trip
- DOB of parents
- Travel details of past 10 years
- Previous passport details (if there is any)
Apply online :-
- Open this page to select your language
- Since UK visa requires a biometrics, select find the nearest location to visit in person.
- Create account using email id and start your application. In every stage you will receive an email like this
- Once you are done with form, make payment of $121 each. Select location and book an appointment for biometrics. At the end reference code will be emailed to registered email id along with the appointment date and time.
- Download form, payment receipt and Appoint confirmation. Appoint confirmation is must have documented for the in-person visit.
In biometrics :-
- We arrived at appointment location 15 min before scheduled time.
- At the reception appointment confirmation will be checked, along with the individual I’d’s(drivers license etc.)
- Airport like security check-in, so its better carry only documents.
- At UK visa counter you will again need to present the payment receipt, form, appointment confirmation and original passport to get the token.
- You will be called for fingerprints and picture.
- At the end of process they stamp and return the appointment confirmation page.
Posting the documents :-
- Bundle all required documents(mentioned above or whichever applicable in your case) with form, appointment confirmation with stamp and payment receipt. Purchase return label from here.
- Send all documents along with return label and original passports to the following address.
UK Visa and Immigration
845 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10022
- UK visa can be applied only 3 months in advance from travel date
- Online form is elaborate and has conditional logic for the answers. Have all details handy and keep pressing the save button after every stage
- Visa date starts from the travel date mentioned in form
- Locations for biometrics are offices of Department of Homeland and Security
- Note – there is no free helpdesk/call center available for visa assistance. If required call will be charged in per min basis however visa process is simple and self explanatory after every stage you will get email for next step to be followed
- You have only 5 days to send the application by post after biometrics
- We received 2 intermediate status over email before we received stamped passports
- Receipt Acknowledged
- Your UK visa XXXXXX has been printed
- We choose to have 6 months(multiple entry) visa however long term visas are available for 2,5 and 10 years
- Indian citizens can visit Ireland with a valid UK visa however entry port needs to be in UK
- Traveling to Canada, check here for bucket list ideas
|Time taken to figure out how to apply||1 weekend|
|Time taken to fill and submit application||3 evenings|
|Biometrics/In-person visit||2-3 hours|
|Initial response from UK.gov||2 days|
|End to end processing time after submitting passports.||1 week|