Never been to Europe yet? Plan your holidays and book tickets. But what about visa? Nothing
much to worry about here are the steps and process is super simple.
- Copy and original of Passport and US Visa
- Passport size photographs
- Pay stubs – 3 Months
- Bank statement – 3 months
- Employment letter
- Medical Insurance
- Address proof of current address
- Marriage certificate( if required)
- Booking details( flight and hotel)
Apply on paper:-
- Create login and book appointment from consulate general website
- Download visitor visa form fill for all relevant details
- Visit Italy consulate general office in SF with original passport(s) and all other documents
- Fingerprints will be taken at the consulate
- They will keep the form, photographs, copies of required documents, return mailing envelope and original passports.
- Book your appointment 4-5 months in advance. I am not sure about other locations but consulate in SF is usually full.
- In case you are not sure about appointment date it can be changed and cancelled anytime. 10 days before you will get mail to confirm appointment.
- Medical insurance in mandatory for traveling to any Schengen country.
- They will check every booking of your itinerary including hotels, domestic flights and trains etc.
- We reached 15 min prior to scheduled, entire process took 15-20 min for us
- Validity of visa starts from the date of travel mentioned in form and duration of stay.
|Time taken to figure out how to apply||1 weekend|
|Time taken to fill application||3 evenings|
|Biometrics/In-person visa interview||½ hr|
|End to end processing time after submitting passports.||2 weeks|