KEEP CALM AND GO ON HONEYMOON!! 😜
Now here comes the question – Why Goa? Well!! It’s a big story but who cares 😁💃.
We have been on many trips in last 3-4 years but, this trip in particular is “special” for us. Why? You already know by now. Yes!!! This was our honeymoon trip.💕
Journey – We reached Karmali station via Indian Railways. That was a journey of 9 hrs. We can even write another post on our train journey but let’s leave it for now Huh!!
From the station, it was around 50 Kms ride to the resort.
As soon as we arrived, we couldn’t resist getting the glimpse of the beach. We took small unpaved road that passes by the resort.
First impression – The sun was about to set, and dusk settled over the ocean. Beach was nearly vacant and surprisingly clean. Soft and powdery sand, warm water and fantastic low hills of western ghat in background.just perfect!!
Location – Mobor beach is a long wide beach that stretches till Betul beach. Our favorite pastime used to be to just keep strolling on the beach during sunset until it became dark. Be there at the edge of wet sand, where every wave keeps touching your feet. We spent entire 4-5 days of our holiday enjoying and relaxing on a sunbed, which are provided free to customers at the shacks.🍹
River meets the ocean – If you keep walking till the southernmost end of Betul beach, there is an end point where river Sal meets the Arabian sea. From one end, it appears as a small bay with the road on the other side. This is an amazing place to get some quiet time, by doing nothing.
Some Pointers –
- Being vegan, we never tried anything in shacks apart from a couple of drinks. Some restaurants nearby serve amazing food, great value for money too
- For going around, we rented a bike from local dealer. Just fill gas up, wear helmet and all set ready to ride
- To get some good Instagram, explore nearby fishing villages and ruins of some forts
- There are tons of tattoo studios available, if you love to have one
- There are some tour operators that offer dolphin tours. It starts from river to ocean but we never tried it
|∑ Miles driven||100+|
|∑ Miles walked||∞|
|∑ Time spent||5 days|